Tampa Utility Companies

What You Need to Know About Tampa Utility Companies

Many Tampa utility companies, including public and private, have streamlined services for people leaving or moving into a home. Several things must be done before settling into your new house; a lot of planning and a long list of tasks occur, among them switching utilities. When moving out, you need to ensure that the utilities at your current residence, such as gas, electricity, and water, are turned off shortly after closing the property sale or after you have left the premises. When moving into a new home, you need to turn in the utilities— ideally before your arrival. However, it requires some work and several calls. Thus, learning about utility providers in Tampa will be very beneficial and lessen your work, especially when moving to your new home. To get Tampa utilities contact, you can ask your landlord or leasing office if you are renting. If you’re purchasing a house, it is expected that your real estate agent will be able to provide you with the information.

This is the featured image for the blog article about Tampa Utility Companies
Credit: Image by WikimediaImages Source

Tampa Electric and Water Utility Company

Each Tampa utility company provides services such as electricity, garbage disposal, and water to ease living in Tampa, Florida, and surrounding areas. Here are some utility companies you can contact for electricity and water as you leave your home or move to a new home in Tampa.

  • Borrell Electric Co Inc serves the Tampa Bay area’s multifaceted electrical needs and maintains a 100% safety record with zero unscheduled outages. You can get in touch with them through their hotline, 813-348-1111.
  • Duke Energy Bartow Plant serves several Tampa households, and you may contact them at  800-700-8744.
  • GE is another electric utility company in Tampa that provides reliable, affordable, and sustainable power transmission utilities.
  • Tampa Electric Company is recognized as one of the cleanest electricity companies in the country. Their power plants generate more than 5,000 megawatts of electricity throughout West Central Florida.
  • Hillsborough County Public Utilities is a water utility company that provides drinking water and wastewater treatment service to unincorporated Hillsborough County.
  • Windemere Utility Co reachable at 813-932-7322, provides water and sewer service from Hanna Road to Sunset and east to Livingston Road.

Garbage Disposal Company in Tampa

Besides electricity and water, other utility services are also necessary for a home, such as solid waste disposal. A designated Tampa utility company handles the area’s garbage disposal, which you can contact at 813-348-1111. The Tampa Solid Waste Department comprises a 266-personnel team that provides environmentally safe, time-responsive, cost-effective collection, removal, and recycling services for nearly 90,000 residential and commercial customers in the City of Tampa. The company offers 65 percent of the commercial collection services and issues collection contracts to private hauling companies for the remaining 35 percent of the commercial collection. They also provide citywide special collection services, including neighborhood cleanups, removal of dead animals, pick-up of appliances, and collection of illegally dumped waste. Knowing about these Tampa utility companies will help you streamline the process, so you can prepare and get comfortable in your new home.

To find more or further details about Tampa utility companies, visit our featured page at https://yoursouthtampahome.com/knowledge-center/utilities/ or get in touch with our team via call or email.